Stow Windmill is near the village of Mundesley along the coast road to Paston. It is popular with tourists and visitors are often seen sat outside on the small green admiring the view and taking refreshments bought from the small shop on site.
The mill was built in 1825 and was actually worked right up until 1930. Most of the interior machinery has been removed . In 1938 the mill was purchased by Douglas McDougall, owner of the famous flour company that carries his name. He used it as a holiday home until it changed hands again in 1960.
The current owners, Roger and Andrea Hough have extensively restored the property and the inside of the building now provides historical information and old photographs of the mill during its working life.
The Stow Mill Trading shop sells a variety of giftware and an attractive collection of hand-made windmills.
Stow Mill, Stow Hill, Paston, Norfolk. NR28 9TG. Tel: 01263 720298